To foster an international exchange with sister institutions, Chungnam National University (CNU) offers various student exchange programs for international students who wish to have a study abroad experience in Korea. Aside from the regular self-paid international students, international exchange students are chosen from their academic institutions based on reciprocal agreements between the two schools. Expenses may be paid in full or in part by the hosting university, depending on the enrolled program or agreement terms and conditions.
International Exchange Programs
- Exchange Program
- Students from partner institutions with exchange agreements can study at CNU for a semester or a year with tuition fees waived. Depending on the agreements, there may be other benefits such as accommodation fee exemption or free Intensive Korean Language course.
- Global Scholarship Program (GSP)
- Same to the exchange program, one difference is that GSP students receive full scholarships for tuition and accommodation fees with a one-time stipend of 500,000-1,000,000 KRW.
- Summer Session for International Students (SSIS)
- SSIS is a short-term program for students interested in attending academic courses and experiencing Korean culture for 7 weeks in the summer. Successfully admitted students will be offered scholarships for tuition and accommodation fees and full support for diverse field trips and cultural activities.
- Visiting Student Program
- Students are able to study for a semester or a year and have to pay for all costs such as tuition, accommodation, and others that may be occurred.
- Dual Degree Program
- Students can be granted double degrees from CNU and their home institution after studying at both institutions for 2 years respectively.
For more information on programs, please visit the website of “The Office of International Affairs”